The iPhone 4S is a smartphone that was designed and marketed by Apple Inc. It was announced on October 4, 2011, and released on October 14, 2011. It is the fifth generation of the iPhone, succeeding the iPhone 4 and preceding the iPhone 5.
The iPhone 4S was available in three storage sizes: 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. It had a 3.5-inch Retina display with a resolution of 960 x 640 pixels, and was powered by a dual-core A5 processor. It also had an 8-megapixel camera and was capable of recording 1080p HD video. The iPhone 4S was released with the iOS 5 operating system, which was later updated to iOS 9.3.6, the last update it received.
Although the iPhone 4S is no longer being sold by Apple, it is still possible to find it through third-party sellers. However, it should be noted that it may no longer receive updates or support from Apple.
Features of iPhone 4S
- Dual-core A5 processor: The iPhone 4S was powered by a dual-core A5 processor, which offered improved performance and energy efficiency compared to the iPhone 4’s A4 processor.
- Retina display: The iPhone 4S had a 3.5-inch Retina display with a resolution of 960 x 640 pixels, which offered clear and detailed visuals.
- 8-megapixel camera: The iPhone 4S had an 8-megapixel camera that was capable of taking high-quality photos and recording 1080p HD video. It also had features such as autofocus, LED flash, and face detection.
- iOS 5 operating system: The iPhone 4S was released with the iOS 5 operating system, which introduced features such as iCloud, iMessage, and Notification Center.
- Siri: The iPhone 4S introduced Siri, a virtual assistant that could understand and respond to voice commands. Siri could be used to perform tasks such as sending texts, setting reminders, and searching the web.
- iCloud: iCloud is a cloud storage service that allows users to store and access their documents, photos, and other data from any device with an internet connection. The iPhone 4S was the first iPhone to come with iCloud pre-installed.
- FaceTime: FaceTime is a video calling feature that allows users to make video calls to other iOS devices or Macs over WiFi or cellular data. The iPhone 4S was the first iPhone to support FaceTime.
Specification of iPhone 4S
- Operating system: iOS 5 (upgradable to iOS 9.3.6)
- Processor: Dual-core A5
- Storage: 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB (non-expandable)
- Display: 3.5-inch Retina display with a resolution of 960 x 640 pixels
- Rear camera: 8-megapixel with autofocus, LED flash, and 1080p HD video recording
- Front camera: VGA (640 x 480 pixels)
- Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 3G/4G (depending on model)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion battery with up to 8 hours of talk time
- Dimensions: 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 140 grams
Please note that these specifications are for the original iPhone 4S model and may vary depending on the specific variant or carrier.
Price of iPhone 4S
The price of the iPhone 4S varied depending on the storage capacity and the carrier. When it was first released in 2011, the iPhone 4S was available for the following prices:
- 16 GB: $199 (with a two-year contract)
- 32 GB: $299 (with a two-year contract)
- 64 GB: $399 (with a two-year contract)
It’s important to note that these prices were for the iPhone 4S when it was first released and are no longer relevant. The iPhone 4S is no longer being sold by Apple, and it is difficult to find an accurate price for a used iPhone 4S. If you are interested in purchasing a used iPhone 4S, you may be able to find one through a third-party seller, such as a refurbished electronics store or online marketplace. The price of a used iPhone 4S will depend on the condition of the device and the seller’s asking price.